[ic] Using IC for CRM tool? (Problems with Customer userdb display settings and a form)

Sat Mar 2 20:21:01 2002

At 01:08 PM 3/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi there!

>[snip]

>Also I created a component for the e-mail newsletter sign up form.  The
>problem is, it does not save the information to the userdb.  I can't figure
>out why.  Here's the code:
>
><!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component emaillist] -->
>[comment]
>ui_component: emaillist
>ui_component_type: vertical, content
>ui_component_group: promotion
>ui_component_label: E Mail List Sign-Up Box
>
>[/comment]
>
><SCRIPT>    // JavaScript Form Validation Demo    // by Paul Colton
>         // Make sure the email field is not blank
>         ch = ch.toUpperCase();
>     }
>     </SCRIPT>
>
><FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST" name=emaillist>
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id VALUE="[data session id]">
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="thankyou2">
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_doit VALUE=refresh>
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_check    VALUE="Save_database">
>
>     [if session logged_in]
>       [set Save_database]
>       [if cgi mv_todo ne submit]
>       [calc] Log("Saving userdb in mv_check.")[/calc]
>       [userdb save]
>       [/if]
>       [/set]
>     [/if]

[snip]

>              [button
>         name="mv_click"
>         src="buttonMail.gif"
>         text="Mail"
>         hidetext=1
>         form=emaillist]
>         mv_todo=submit
>           [/button]
>
><!-- END COMPONENT [control component emaillist_vertical] -->
>
>Any ideas?  Also anyone know of a good Open Source POP3 Sendmail Webmail

One: your [set Save_database] will only call [userdb save] if mv_todo is
not equal to 'submit'.  Your submit button sets mv_todo to 'submit'.  Looks
like that could be a problem which might cause [userdb save] to never be
invoked.  I would remove [if cgi mv_todo ne submit] and the corresponding
closing [/if] and give it a try.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax