[ic] Adding additional info to a category's results.html output

Tue Mar 5 10:41:01 2002

At 03:38 AM 3/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Currently, whenever a user selects a category, results.html returns a list
>of all items in that category.  However, for one particular category, I
>want to add additional text/HTML after that listing which contains extra
>info particular to all items in that category.
>
>How do I do this?  I'm thinking some sort of code like this in results.html:
>
>[if selected_category equals my_category]
>print extra info/HTML here!
>[/if]
>
>But I don't know what tags to use or which variables to compare against.
>(However, this means all that extra info will be loaded each time
>results.html is called, regardless if it is displayed, right?)
>
>Little help here?
>
>Thanks!

Though it might not be the most graceful, you could just add this right
inside your item list on results.html:

[if-item-field category eq my_category]
[tmp show_message]1[/tmp]
[/if-item-field]

Then after the closing [/item-list] you can conditionally display your message:

[if scratch show_message]
Here is you special message for this category.
[/if]

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax