[ic] moving the catalog

G Guttero interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 12:20:00 2002

A gentleman from this list was kind enough to let me know that I needed to
use the folling code to move my catalog from my old host to my new:

"

cd ~/catalogs
tar cvf yourcat.tar yourcat
gzip -f9 yourcat.tar

Install a new catalog of the same name on your new host, then ftp
yourcat.tar.gz into the catalogs directory on your new host and unpack it:

gzip -dc yourcat.tar.gz | tar xvf -

"

I have the old catalog all wrapped up as per the first part of the
instructions.  It is called "shop.tar.gz".  But now I realize that things
are set up a bit differently on the new host.

Here is my old URL after the domain:
/cgi-bin/shop/index.html
And here is my new one:
/~shopdev/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
I guess the catalog names are different and there is the addition of a new
directory involved if I'm following it right.

My question is, will the slick method of catalog transfer still work in this
situation, if so what needs to be changed to make it work, or do I need to
do the ol' manual file transfer?  Thank you very much!