[ic] Mac OSX viable as a development platform?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 05:33:01 2002

On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 10:36 , Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 March 2002 06:12 pm, Michael Stearne wrote:
>> huh?  Does HFS+ get fragmented?  If so install as UFS.
>>
>> Michael
>
> can't - Apple recommends strongly against it - this was a change from
> the old
> Mac OSX 1.x (Next/openstep derivative - Rhapsody 1.x) to the new
> version,
> which won't run, or barely runs on UFS - in fact, I believe it just
> crashes.

Again, pure BS.    I know several big Cocoa or WebObjects developers who
came from the NeXT world who run the current OS X just fine with UFS.
Some of the Carbon based apps have some problems on UFS, but the system
itself runs just fine and your OSS and Cocoa apps and the system itself
run just fine.

Get your facts straight.

Chad