[ic] Suexec BIG PROBLEMS --PleaseHelp!!

Wed Mar 6 18:54:00 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 05:38:40PM -0500, Rick Bragg wrote:
> I have not been able to run a catalog under ANY OTHER USER but interch!!
>
> I NEED to run the catalog under the same user as my virtual server(s)!!
>
> I know that the interchange server runs as interch, and that is fine,
> but I need each catalog to run under different users.

That is a mess conceptually.  You want to run the catalog as a single
user (interch) but you want to use suexec to call it as different
users?  Try tlink.

> I use Suexec with Apache and everytime I run makecat and tell it that I
> use suexec I get the following error:
>
> "chown sampledata.xls: No such file or directory"

For one reason or another your system cannot find the user
under which you are trying to configure it.  Login as the user
under which you wish to install it; don't su if you can avoid it.