[ic] Problems with installation.

Samuel A. Rogers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 20:44:00 2002

I need some help with my IC installation, which I have been strugling
with for over a week and a half now. I don't usually like to ask for
help so bare with me.

My first mistake was not realizing that IC does like the catalog to be
on a NFS mounted directory. Why I'm not sure, but that took me acouple
of days to get that one worked out. But in the process I started trying
different things.

I wanted the catalog to go in the home directory of the store which
would have been /home/samscards, but I NFS automounted it so I put it in
/web/samscards and called it catalog i.e. /web/samscards/catalog .

The postgres database I called cards

The CGI I called /cgi-bin/cards

The HTML I called /html/cards

Under /web/samscards/catalog there is all the directories like pages,
config, backup and so forth.

Under /web/samscards/html there is index.html and cards/images only.

Under /web/samscards/cgi-bin there is an executalbe called cards and no
other directory.

When I click on login I get the error:

Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/cards/login.html was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.20 Server at mriweb Port 443

As will when I am in Admin mode I do not see the same buttons as in the
demo. I get text for the function but no GUI button.

I goofed something up or the install did put thins in the right
directoryies.

Regards

	Sam.

P.S. I am able to configure new catagories on the left side and add new
products to the database. I am also able to see them when I click on the
left side. So some things work and others do not.