[ic] IC, INET mode and TcpHost

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 09:20:00 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 08:57, Rene Hertell wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just realizes that I have to run IC in INET mode before I can run it with
> TcpHost and TcpMap.
>
> Now, does Inet mode require root-rights to be run, or can eg. the interch
> user run and manage it? The reason why I ask, is that I have to run IC with
> TcpHost and TcpMap

The only way that inet mode would require being run as root is if for
some reason you wanted to run it on port 1024 or lower, as long as you
use a higher port (such as the default), you can run it as any user you
like (of course this all assumes a linux or linux-like operating
system).

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect