[ic] Debian start-stop-daemon and PGP

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 13:37:01 2002

Debian/woody, Perl 5.6.1, IC 4.8.3

I am using racke's Interchange start-stop script. I have USER=interch in
the script. When I use this script to start IC, interchange starts and
is owned by interch.

The problem arises during encryption. I see error files created in
ScratchDir indicating the encryption program trying to open root's key
ring:
gpg: /root/.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/root/.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open error
gpg: /root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg': file open error
gpg: bill@worldwideimpact.com: skipped: public key not found
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: public key not found

In the past I have just set the EncryptProgam in catalog.cfg and made
sure I indicated the home directory for interchange. Now I want to be
modern and just set EncryptKey.

If I start interchange like the following, I do not have the problem.
# su - interch
$ ./bin/interchange -u

Any ideas? I apologize if this issue is more suited to a Debian list.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact