[ic] starting postmaster with "-i" option with demo database

Gill, Jeffrey L interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 16:49:00 2002

How do you automatically start the postmaster with the "-i" option to allow
TCP/IP connections
when using the default demo (construction store) database in InterChange
4.8.

I uderstand the use of pg_ctl but I am unable to login as postgres and do
not know the correct -D parameter for pg_ctl -D.
I tried pg_ctl -D /var/lib/psql/data start when logged on as a general user
and I get

$ postmaster successfully started
$ /usr/bin/postmaster does not find the database system.
     Expected to find it in the PGDATA directory "/var/lib/psql/data", but
unable to open file
     "/var/lib/psql/data/global/pg-control/": no such file or directory.

Note: I have two stores currently configured named store1 and store2.

Thanks,
Jeff