[ic] HERE document in shipping.asc

Thu Mar 7 17:01:02 2002

At 03:53 PM 03/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>IC 4.8.3, Debian 3.0, PERL 5.6.1
>
>I cannot use <<HERE document notation to specify cost in shipping.asc. I
>have tried every combination I can think of including the notation that
>is used to specify criteria from the docs.
>
>Here is waht I have:
>GNDCOM: UPS Ground
>         criteria        weight
>         min             0
>         max             0
>         cost            e Nothing to ship
>
>         min             0
>         max             40
>         cost            f [ups-query zip="[either][value
>zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="GNDCOM" weight=@@TOTAL@@]
>         at_least        5
>         adder   3
>
>         min             40
>         max             999999
>         cost            f [calc]int(@@TOTAL@@/40) * [ups-query
> zip="[either][value
>zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="GNDCOM" weight=40] +
>[ups-query zip="[either][value zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]"
>mode="GNDCOM" weight="(@@TOTAL@@ % 40)"][/calc]
>         at_least        5
>         adder   3
>
>It appears to work. I only want to make it easier to read.
>
>--
>Bill Carr
>Worldwide Impact
>bill@worldwideimpact.com
>413-253-6700

Bill -

I have used HERE documents in shipping.asc before, formatted according to
the docs, and it worked for me, so your problem may lie elsewhere (though I
honestly can't remember if I used it for criteria or cost).  If are editing
this on a Windows/Mac box and uploading it, that could be the problem, as
Perl code lines do not like to be terminated with non-newlines.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax