[ic] tlink-setup problems

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 04:31:01 2002

Hi all,

Is there any step-by-step instructions how to set up tlink with a different
host? I got tlink compiled, and it seems to contact the server, but when I
set it up with a catalog, then it does not respond anymore.

This is what I have done:

- I compiled the tlink with the LINK_HOST, LINK_PROT to match the IC servers
IP.
- I moved tlink to cgi-bin/shop.cgi on the www-server, gave correct
permissions etc.

interchange.cfg
- granted access to the www-server with the TcpHost (TcpPort is the same as
specified in LINK_PORT)
- Modified the Catalog directive to "Catalog shop
/home/minivend/catalogs/shop /cgi-bin/shop.cgi /shop", which is an existing
directory.

variable.txt
- made SERVERNAME match the www-server
- made CGI-URL to /cgi-bin/shop.cgi

Restarting the server gives no errors in the interchange/error.log file

When I enter /cgi-bin/shop.cgi I get no response, not even an error message.
If I remove the Catalog-directive, I get the "Undefined catalog:
/cgi-bin/shop.cgi" error, which means that the tlink gets connected to IC...

Did I forget to specify something else?

Regards,

René