[ic] mv_order_route and "route expandable" dont work together?

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 05:24:02 2002

Hi,

I have a field in userdb called "emailcopy". It should behaive
like "email" on checkout/order; another (second) email should
send to this mail address. In catalog.cfg, I set up:

UserDB    default    scratch       "[...] emailcopy"
[...]
## This route copies the user to the second address
Route copy_user_copy  error_ok     1
Route copy_user_copy  report       etc/mail_receipt
Route copy_user_copy  track        logs/log
Route copy_user_copy  email        "[scratch emailcopy]"
[...]
#won't work when emailcopy is non-empty:
Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"
#won't work when emailcopy is empty:
#Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user copy_user_copy"
[...]
#FormIgnore      mv_order_route

The configuration is based on the one from the foundation demo, I
just added my route.

I cannot use the copy_user_copy route in cascade, since it would
generate an error if this scratch (--> optional database field) is
empty. So I decided to try to use mv_order_route for that. So I
wrote in ord/checkout.html:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_route
VALUE="log main copy_user [if scratch emailcopy]copy_user_copy[/if]">

This works if "emailcopy" is empty only. If it's set, a mail gets
send:

to=[scratch, stat=User unknown

to=emailcopy], stat=User unknown

the non-expanded email address (which gets expanded when I
configure this via the "route default cascade" option). So it isn't
working (I think this may be a IC bug in
Interchange version 4.8.2 Copyright 1996-2001 Red Hat, Inc.
or I missed something)

Any ideas how to generate a second mail to a user/userdb
dependent email-address?

Thank you!

oki,

Steffen