[ic] HERE document in shipping.asc

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 07:30:01 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 17:00, Ed LaFrance wrote:
> At 03:53 PM 03/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >IC 4.8.3, Debian 3.0, PERL 5.6.1
> >
> >I cannot use <<HERE document notation to specify cost in shipping.asc. I
> >have tried every combination I can think of including the notation that
> >is used to specify criteria from the docs.
> >
> >Here is waht I have:
> >GNDCOM: UPS Ground
> >         criteria        weight
> >         min             0
> >         max             0
> >         cost            e Nothing to ship
> >
> >         min             0
> >         max             40
> >         cost            f [ups-query zip="[either][value
> >zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="GNDCOM" weight=@@TOTAL@@]
> >         at_least        5
> >         adder   3
> >
> >         min             40
> >         max             999999
> >         cost            f [calc]int(@@TOTAL@@/40) * [ups-query
> > zip="[either][value
> >zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="GNDCOM" weight=40] +
> >[ups-query zip="[either][value zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]"
> >mode="GNDCOM" weight="(@@TOTAL@@ % 40)"][/calc]
> >         at_least        5
> >         adder   3
> >
> >It appears to work. I only want to make it easier to read.
> >
> >--
> >Bill Carr
> >Worldwide Impact
> >bill@worldwideimpact.com
> >413-253-6700
>
> Bill -
>
> I have used HERE documents in shipping.asc before, formatted according to
> the docs, and it worked for me, so your problem may lie elsewhere (though I
> honestly can't remember if I used it for criteria or cost).  If are editing
> this on a Windows/Mac box and uploading it, that could be the problem, as
> Perl code lines do not like to be terminated with non-newlines.
>
> - Ed L.

> New Media E.M.S.               Software Solutions for Business
> 463 Main St., Suite D          eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
> Placerville, CA  95667         edl@newmediaems.com
> (530) 622-9421                 http://www.newmediaems.com
> (866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax

I have only edited the file on a Linux system using one of the most
common editors (vi or emacs).

My cost function did not work anyway so I created a UserTag to do the
job. Now my shipping.asc is much more readable. I would still like to
see an example of <<HERE document notation to specify cost in
shipping.asc.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact