[ic] FreeBSD 4.4 --- Having one heck of a time with Interchange

Kellen Weissenbach interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 11:40:01 2002

Hello,
I have installed Interchange on other servers and even on FreeBSD before
without too many problems.  However, this one is giving me one heck of a
hard time.

Configure went well.  No major things to note there.
Makecat went well until we got to makedir part and permission is denied.  I
figured that was no big deal, and it should still run (wrong assumption?).
Starting/Restarting Interchange seems to go well except for the "mode not
defined" error which shouldn't matter since it launched both UNIX and INET.

CLIP FROM MAKEDIR
-----------------
We need to make some directories to store sessions, logs, and such.

run "sh /sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/config/makedirs"? [y]
exec: id: permission denied
chmod: /sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/logs: Operation not permitted
chmod: /sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/orders: Operation not
permitted
chmod: /sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/session: Operation not
permitted
chmod: /sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/tmp: Operation not permitted
You can install some sample data to start with in this catalog.
This script will install the sample (tools) you selected.

run "sh /sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/config/installsample"? [y]
/sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/config/installsample: find:
permission denied
/sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/config/installsample: find:
permission denied
/sites/30449/totalchoice/catalogs/test4/config/installsample: find:
permission denied

-----------------

CLIP FROM RESTARTING INTERCHANGE
-------------------

[totalchoice][~/interchange/bin]$ ./interchange -r
Killing Interchange server 31960 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
"mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at ./interchange line 2753
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Running FreeBSD; disabling $0 set
Interchange V4.8.3
Configuring catalog Test...Using default DBM database...done.
Configuring catalog foundation...Using default DBM database...done.
Configuring catalog test2...Using default DBM database...done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 33762)
[totalchoice][~/interchange/bin]$

Interchange daemon is running as I type this.  When I go to the default
first page (STATIC HTML INTRO PAGE), it comes up.  However, when I click on
the customer interface or admin interface link (ACTUALLY ENTER INTERCHANGE
SYSTEM) I get a 404 error.  I also tried linking directly to the file in the
cgi bin, but all it wanted to do was download it!  hehe...  Would any of
this be the source of my troubles?  Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,
Kellen Weissenbach
Total Choice Solutions