[ic] problem at server start

Samuel A. Rogers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 13:34:01 2002

music@labyrinth.net.au wrote:

>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>why does interchange 4.8.3 on RedHat 7.2 tell me when I try to start:
>
> Please specify the MailOderTo directive in the configuration file :while
> this directive is spedified. I tried with these versions
>
>>MailOrderTo bla@bla.com __SOMETHING__
>>MailOrderTo bla@bla.com
>>MailOrderTo __SOMETHING__
>

> This is an auto response (kidding, I came across the same problem and was
> stumped for quite a while)
> You can find the answers to these kind of problems by searching the
> mail-list archives. (Have posted this one a few dozen times, perhaps should
> go into a FAQ or be added to the end of the makecat output?)
>
> For every new catalogue you need to:
>
> chgrp -R interch /home/user/catalogs/catalogname
>
> (change path to cat name)

Or you could add interch in the group file to the owner of the catalog,
i.e.:

samscards:x:502:interch

The group for the owner of my catalog is samscards. This worked for me,
but of course I ran into a whole bunch more problems with other features
not working.

And, Oh by the way don't be afraid to send questions to this mail-list,
even when they tell you should go to the mail-list. I have found the
mail-list search to be about as good as searching though Yahoo nowadays.
It took me hours to pour though it and had to try several other things
that did not work. I don't know why RH is not putting together a FAQ?
Then I could did someone saying read the FAQ, but not this mail-list.

Myself I hate mail-list, and before anyone says anything to that, I have
to use it because IC doesn't work (For me).

Hope you have better luck then me.

Regards...