[ic] setting up interchange at home

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 9 17:55:01 2002

> Where can I get linux pro for download, is it free. If not where
> can I get a
> free linux setup.  I know I am cheap but I just want it for testing

Just go to www.redhat.com and download redhat Linux 7.2. You can download a
iso image, burn a cd, and then just install it either into some kind of
virtual machine (vmware), set up a new physical computer in your home
network or just install Linux in your computer as a secondary os.

Then you just need to get the interchange rpm-package and install it.

Redhat Linux 7.2 ISO images
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/iso/i386/enigma-i386-disc1.iso
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/iso/i386/enigma-i386-disc2.iso

The Interchange server
http://ftp.interchange.redhat.com/interchange/4.8/rpm/interchange-4.8.3-1.no
arch.rpm

Then I guess you'll need these to get the demo shop working
http://ftp.interchange.redhat.com/interchange/4.8/rpm/interchange-foundation
-demo-4.8.3-1.i386.rpm

And this if you want to crate your own shop based on the foundation demo
shop
http://ftp.interchange.redhat.com/interchange/4.8/rpm/interchange-foundation
-4.8.3-1.noarch.rpm

With this you should get it working :)

René

ps. If you newer used Linux, then I would suggest to get some literature
that helps you out in using and installing it.