[ic] Collapsible Vertical Category Component - new version

Randy Moore interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 9 20:28:00 2002

Hi again,

I found that the previous version of the Collapsible Vertical Category
Component did not work properly in all cases.  The way I was adding the
expand variable to the results of the bar_link tag only worked when there
were other variables in the resulting URL.

The only way I could find to make this work in all cases (with reasonably
simple code) was to patch the bar_link tag (found in
/usr/local/interchange/catalog_before.cfg).  I believe it now works
properly in all cases.

I've also added two extra control variables to allow overriding the default
image directory.

The new control is available at:
http://www.axion-it.net/download/category_vert_toggle

The patch (against 4.8.3) for catalog_before.cfg is available at:
http://www.axion-it.net/download/bar_link.patch

Please give it a try and let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks and enjoy!

>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:31:33 -0500
>
>Hi,
>
>I've posted an updated version of this component with a couple of
>requested features at:
>http://www.axion-it.net/download/category_vert_toggle
>
>New features:
>
>1) Now, when you click on a category link, that category is automatically
>expanded.
>
>2) The code includes an example of using default expand and contract
>images so that you do not have to specify your images names for every page
>on the site.  A comment in the code shows where to change the default
>image names.
>
>Thanks for the excellent suggestions for improvement.

Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net
phone   301-408-1200