[ic] Apache-SSL only ?

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 11:53:00 2002

> I plan to install interchange to set up my e-com site.
> During checkout, I'll have to ask for a credit card number in order to
> send it to a transaction processing system such as AuthorizeNet or
> another.This transaction has to be secure and thus need to be ssl
> encrypted.
>
> What do I need to do :
> install Interchange over a regular apache and configure my checkout page
> to point to a https link or do I have to install Interchange over an
> apache-SSL server ?

Depends on your type of transaction processing system. If you intend to have
interchange make a server to server connection for authorisation, you will
need SSL on your server.

On the other hand, If you intend to redirect your customers to a secure page
at the payment processor's website you don't need it.

Jonathan
Webmaint.