[ic] Taxing Shipping/Checkout page

Jeff Urban interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 19:39:01 2002

Hi,
I need to tax to shipping to orders in CT, my home state, and my
checkout page has not worked properly since I tried to do so. I've been
scouring the archives of this list, and the interchange documentation,
but I have tried what seems like every possible answer and it still has
the same problem. (I'm new at interchange and not an accomplished
programmer).
My problem is, that since I've added the taxshipping information, I can
no longer select Connecticut on my checkout page. It resets to Alabama.
All other states behave properly. I had customized the checkout page a
fair amount, but it worked fine before I added taxshipping. I just hope
that I didn't inadvertantly mess up something else while trying to fix
this.
I'm using interchange 4.8.3, provided by my hosting company on a virtual
server, so they have to restart interchange whenever I change the config
files, which has been a number of times already.
My site is at http://excorporated.com/~excorpor/cgi-
bin/cart.cgi/index.html

Here are the current changes to try and get taxshipping to work.
Following the documentation instructions and using the format of
!TAXAREA, I added to the end of my additional_fields file:

!TAXSHIPPING
Area(s) to tax shipping in
CT

In the mailing list archive, I read a post about a bug in interchange
(an earlier version perhaps?) affecting taxshipping, recommending adding
"Pragma  dynamic_variables_file_only" to the theme.cfg file (the end of
which is below):

##
## Here we pick up the region variables like LEFTONLY_TOP and
LEFTONLY_BOTTOM.
##
DirConfig Variable templates/__THEME__/regions

Pragma  dynamic_variables_file_only

##
## TRAFFIC is defined system-wide in interchange.cfg. When in
## low-traffic mode, variables are dynamic -- i.e. when you change the
## region file the page changes. Otherwise a reconfig must be done to
## change the variable.
##
ifdef @TRAFFIC =~ /low/i
Pragma dynamic_variables