[ic] Shipping Question

John Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 12:56:01 2002

I have a problem modifying the shipping charges on my Interchange inventory.
What I want to be able to do is charge fixed shipping charges based on
individual items. Item A has X shipping, Item B has Y shipping, and so
forth. The problem is that very few items have the same shipping costs. I
want to be able to alert the customer to the shipping charges on the item
page (which I can do), and when the item enters the cart, it should tally
the correct shipping. This shipping is not based on price, size, or weight -
it is based on a combination of these.

What I need is fixed shipping per item, but this shipping isn't universal.
Is it possible to store the shipping price in the item/stock database along
with the rest of the item's information? And how would I go about doing
this?

-John
johnmann@lstek.net