[ic] take off features?

Thu Mar 14 18:10:01 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Eric Connor wrote:

EC>>When the user checks out, he simply want an email sent
EC>>to his business with the order - nothing is going to
EC>>be shipped and no payments are going to be taken
EC>>through the site.  Instead, he will call and follow up
EC>>with the customer to confirm the order.
EC>>
EC>>So, I want to take off everything related to shipping
EC>>costs and payments.  However, everything else related
EC>>to checkout (address, items, email confirmation) is
EC>>OK.
EC>>
EC>>Would there be a lot of work involved in this?  I
EC>>don't mind getting my hands dirty with Interchange if
EC>>I know that this can be done without major hassles.

Go into checkout.html and remove those lines of code that you don't want so
they don't show up on the checkout page.

Go into etc/mail_receipt and etc/report and remove the lines you don't want
to use.

Before you start copy checkout.html to something like checkout.html.good so
that if you screw it up too much you can always bring the original back in
and start over.

Then, just go in and rip and tear. You will learn a lot in the process and
get it the way you want it.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 18:10 PM:
If at first you don't succeed, you must be a programmer.

This Linux System has been up 1749 hours