[ic] Using multiple warehouses

Cory Trese interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 18:46:00 2002

SB>>--I'm looking to intergrate my ic site to use multiple inventory
warehouses
[snip]
SB>>greatly appreciated.

]]DB[[

>From a database point of view, I would suggest that you make another table
and store
 the inventory details.  A simple version would use two tables, products and
inventory.

Products : id, price
Inventory: id, product_id, warehouse, inventory_count

'Products:id' and 'Inventory:product_id' would match, and you would use
'Inventory:product_id' and 'Inventory:warehouse' to create a key for the
Inventory (or implement a constraint of some type to assure that only one
entry for each warehouse is maintained.)

]]IC[[

In IC, I would not change the 'report.html' page at all.  I would leave this
function in place for record keeping, ect (I also imagine you're warehouses
don't need credit cards, but I would be wrong...)  I would instead add a
[mail] tag to 'receipt.html' to send the shipping related details to the
correct warehouse.  My logic for the page would be (in pseudo code) :

[switch "products:warehouse_location"]
[case value="warehouse_1"] [set warehouse_email = "warehouse1@sucks.tv"] [db
decrement "Inventory:inventory_count] [/case]
[/switch]

[send mail to="[warehouse_email]" body="[some shipping data]"]