[ic] newbie! Redhat Interchange vs. PHPshop vs. outOFbox?

Victor Nolton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 12:02:00 2002

>I'm a complete newbie at ecommerce, and I'm researching the options, so
>please bear with me on these simple questions.
>
>Wondering if Interchange is really a cadillac solution, and that smaller
>businesses would need something out of the box. Although I'd prefer
>opensource, Miva seems to get high ratings in the small biz world (provided
>you have the plug-ins). I've just discovered PHPshop too, and was wondering
>if that might be more suitable for small business than Interchange.
>
>I know there would be a learning curve with Interchange, so I'm ready for
>that if it turns out that it makes sense for small business.

you know I love interchange a lot. I've been using it since version
3.06 (whee). I will still continue to use it till who knows when.

I admit this message as intrigued me cause I have been looking the
past 2 days for a php based cart. I learned php 3 weeks ago (mysql
too) and all I want is the CART and a checkout. I don't need
flypages, I dont need search tools, I dont need categories and
templates. I want a cart that is simular to interchange where you
only need a sku, price and a description (I believe that is the bare
min stated in the docs) in a database and it just "works".

But I will still continue to use interchange cause, it's the best.

Ven
The NEW Children of Acid Website:  http://www.ChildrenofAcid.com

Victor "Ven" Nolton __________________________ http://www.VensNews.com
http://PragaKhan.com  http://LordsofAcid.com  http://DarlingNikkie.com
         All HTML Encoded email will be ignored. Learn Standards.