[ic] Netscape drops cart and YES I've checked the FAQ

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 12:23:01 2002

Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.23, Debian woody, Mysql 3.23.47, IC 4.8.3
Here is the setup in interchange.cfg
Catalog deansbeans.com /www/deansbeans.com/ic www.deansbeans.com/ic
deansbeans.com/ic

Using Netscape 4.73 on Windows 2000:
Cart drops going to https server if I start with URL
http://deansbeans.com/ic. If I use http://www.deansbeans.com/ic, I have
no problems. My guess is that NS is ignoring the cookie set because the
URL does not have two dots. I emphasize guess. I have not looked into
this.

I thouhgt that if a visitor came to the site using
http://deansbeans.com/ic they would click on a link or submit a form and
they would end up with something like
http://www.deansbeans.com/ic/<somepage>?id=blah,blah,blah. Then the URL
would have two dots and NS would be happy.

This story is getting too long. Let me wrap up.

In bin/interchange line 1809 there is this:
$Vend::Cfg->{VendURL}   =~ s!$real!$CGI::script_name!;
$Vend::Cfg->{SecureURL} =~ s!$real!$CGI::script_name!;

I think this why my [area] tags are not putting out my VendURL.

What are those lines for? Am I anywhere close to understanding what is
going on? Has anyone else seen Netscape drop the cart with a URL that
only has one dot?

BTW, I realize that I could do some sort of bounce (on the IC page) or
rewrite with my browser.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact