[ic] Netscape drops cart and YES I've checked the FAQ

Fri Mar 15 14:43:00 2002

Quoting Jason Kohles (jkohles@redhat.com):
> On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 12:21, Bill Carr wrote:
> > Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.23, Debian woody, Mysql 3.23.47, IC 4.8.3
> > Here is the setup in interchange.cfg
> > Catalog deansbeans.com /www/deansbeans.com/ic www.deansbeans.com/ic
> > deansbeans.com/ic
> >
> > Using Netscape 4.73 on Windows 2000:
> > Cart drops going to https server if I start with URL
> > http://deansbeans.com/ic. If I use http://www.deansbeans.com/ic, I have
> > no problems. My guess is that NS is ignoring the cookie set because the
> > URL does not have two dots. I emphasize guess. I have not looked into
> > this.
> >
> It's more likely that your cookiedomain is .deansbeans.com, which
> doesn't match deansbeans.com because of the leading dot.  The domain
> deansbeans.com actually does have two dots, as all domain names end with
> the root domain, so even though almost no applications show the root,
> the domain is actually 'deansbeans.com.'

Most older browsers don't accept a cookie without two dots in it.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson