[ic] Re: Shipping Questions - Multiple Boxes Per Item - How to?

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 16 10:24:00 2002

This is a setup I used for a book seller. 40 pounds of books go into each
box.
80 lbs of books = 2 40 lbs UPS shipments.
100 lbs of books = 2 40 lbs UPS shipments + a 20 lb UPS shipment.

catalog.cfg:
UserTag ship_cost Order weight mode zip
UserTag ship_cost Routine <<EOR
sub {
        my($weight,$mode,$zip) = @_;
        return unless $weight;
        $mode = $Variable->{SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE} unless $mode;
        $zip = $Variable->{SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP} unless $zip;
        my $total = 0;
        $total =  int($weight/40) * $Tag->ups_query( {
                                                       mode => $mode,
                                                       zip => $zip,
                                                       weight => 40
                                                      } );
        $total +=  $Tag->ups_query( {
                                     mode => $mode,
                                     zip => $zip,
                                     weight => $weight % 40
                                     } );
        return $total;
}
EOR

shipping.asc:
1DA: UPS Next Day Air
         criteria       weight
         min            0
         max            0
         at_least       5
         adder  3
         cost           e Nothing to ship

         min            0
         max            40
         cost           f [ups-query zip="[either][value
zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="1DA"
 weight=@@TOTAL@@]

         min            40
         max            999999
         cost           f [ship_cost mode=1DA zip='[value zip]'
weight=@@TOTAL@@]

2DA: UPS 2nd Day Air
         criteria       weight
         adder  3
         at_least       5
         min            0
         max            0
         cost           e Nothing to ship

         min            0
         max            40
         cost           f [ups-query zip="[either][value
zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="2DA"
 weight=@@TOTAL@@]

         min            40
         max            999999
         cost           f  [ship_cost mode=2DA zip='[value zip]'
weight=@@TOTAL@@]

GNDCOM: UPS Ground
         criteria       weight
         min            0
         max            0
         at_least       5
         adder  3
         cost           e Nothing to ship

         min            0
         max            40
         cost           f [ups-query zip="[either][value
zip][or]_SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__[/either]" mode="GNDC
OM" weight=@@TOTAL@@]

        min             40
        max             999999
        cost            f [ship_cost mode=GNDCOM zip='[value zip]'
weight=@@TOTAL@@]

FREE    Free Shipping!  1       1       1       0.00