[ic] Scalable

Sun Mar 17 23:48:59 2002

> On Sunday 17 March 2002 09:22 pm, music@labyrinth.net.au wrote:
> > (Our only problem with IC is the dropping of encrypted card numbers in
> > orders which is happening fairly frequently. The create order, encrypt
> > card#, e-mail user and store owner is obviously more resource hungry
than
> > complex searches. Still trying to work this one out though I am
wondering
> > if it is a sendmail/reverse DNS problem or something similar that is
> > stalling the process.)
>
> if the machine only has 256 MB of ram (assumming thats what you meant by
256
> KB) then bring it up to 1 gig of ram and see what happens.

Good point; I would like to but from where we lease our dedicated server
this would cost us an additional US$90.00 per month! Quite an expensive
experiment compared to the overall server cost. I guess we should do it but
what stings is that we could buy the RAM outright for three months. Second,
the provider told us that IC would run fine with 128 meg of RAM and that 256
would only be needed for a huge product database. The thing is that
searching is not breaking; just CC encryption.