[ic] Segmentation Fault

Joachim Schubert interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 05:37:00 2002

alex wrote:

> Strange:
>

> I also had the problem after installing:
>
> Low traffic settings.
> Segmentation fault

Hi, alex

i had the same behavior with this setup:

IC 4.8.3, FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE, perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd, PostgreSQL 7.2

and i found out this:

- the perl dumped, when loading the UI -> loading individual locale settings
- the UI is loading, when i commented out the line in VendRoot/lib/UI/ui.cfg :
include lib/UI/locales/*_*.cfg (after the CSS-stuff)
-> UI starts with the default locale setting english
- after enabeling each locale-file separately from locales/*_*.cfg only the
file ja_JP.cfg loads without crashing
- unfortunately i don't know japanese ;-(
- then i found that the ja_JP.cfg file has the smallest size
- it seems that the file size is the cause for crashing
- so i split the de_DE.cfg file in two files and load these two files in ui.cfg
-> IC with UI comes up with english and german lang.
-  maybe there are better workarounds...

HTH

Achim