[ic] mv_handling sticking on....

Loy Ellen Gross interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 15:22:00 2002

I have a problem with my current cart. I allow customers to select a
more expensive packaging option (it's + $4 usd to whatever shipping
they select). It's sticking on. Here is my code and a better

In checkout.html:

  [if value mv_handling]
    <TR>
      <TD ALIGN=left class="contentbar1">Handling:</TD>
      <TD ALIGN=RIGHT class="contentbar1">[handling]</TD>
    </TR>
  [/if]

      <input type="checkbox" name="mv_handling" value="gelpack">

And it works wonderfully the first time through ... a customer can
choose the pack and it adds $4 to the shipping charge, marked as
"Handling."

BUT, if a customer chooses to turn this on, then comes through the
cart again, the value of mv_handling is sticking at $4 even if the
customer tries to turn it off.

I've tried checking it off and placing the order with the checkbox
unselected ... I've tried checking it off and hitting 'Recalculate' to
reload the page, but neither makes any difference. I suppose I could
force it to be zero when the page is loaded, but I'd rather do this
properly. Any ideas on how to reset this value correctly?

Much thanks!

  -- Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross :: Specialty Web Products WNY :: BiznessOnline.com
  <lgross@thebiz.net> :: home office 585.343.0424 :: cell 585.330.9005