[ic] Cybercash MCKencrypt problem

Jud Harris interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 21:38:01 2002

Hi folks,

Whenever I submit an order (Cybercash is properly installed and loading), I
receive an error "Encryption failed.."  Before it times out, I can see the
MCKencrypt program taking up almost 90% of the CPU.  So, I do an strace on
it, and it appears to be caught looping with the error "EBADF - Bad file
descriptor."

OK... fine..  so I write a small perl script using the same code as the
CCMckDirectLib3_2.pm file - and it works find from the command line.  The
encrypted info is returned swell.

I know the MCK is made for RedHat "5.1 and 6.2", according to Cybercash
support, and I'm running Mandrake "Linux version 2.2.17-21mdk
(chmou@no.mandrakesoft.com) (gcc version 2.95.3 19991030 (prerelease))"

But why would it work from a perl script on the command line, but run into a
problem when Interchange calls the same code?

I've exhausted my debugging abilities - if anyone out there has any ideas,
please let me know! (e-mail me, too.. please).

Thanks!
-Jud