[ic] running interchange twice

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 04:35:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Raymond Miecznik
>
> Ok, I am running 4.6 version right now, and it works for me, but I
wanted
> install 4.8.3 on the same physical server, since in the PId the
process is
> named the same, interchange, is it going to be a problem running two
> interchange versions on the same server ?
>
> Raymond

Hey Raymond,

We've got the same scenario going here.  What we did is set both of the
interchange systems to use INET for linking.  Then in interchange.cfg
set the port number with the directive:

TcpMap 7483 -

Each interchange system needs to have a different port.  It's not
required to change the process name, but it may make it easier for
administration.  You can change the process name by doing the following
in interchange.cfg:

Variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO ic483

So our config for 4.6.1 looks like:

TcpMap 7461 -