[ic] Scalable

Dog Tags interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 07:30:00 2002

Hi,

music@labyrinth.net.au

I run several catalogs that are in production and taking orders.
One store has 140000 titles in a secondary product table running using mySQL
Redhat 7.2 (256KB RAM)
Complex searches, or even a search through 'All categories' usually return a
result list within about 2 or 3 seconds, even when hundreds of matches are
found!
=======

Did you create a lot of categories and subcategories for all 140,000 titles?

Could you describe how you set up your category system?

I'm having a heck of a time creating a category system that can display down to 4-5 subcats deep, and I need to because we're going to have a lot of items in many different cats and subcats.

Thanks very much.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win the Ultimate Hawaiian Experience from Travelocity.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4018363;6991039;n?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/winhawaii/