[ic] Problem with export userdb.gdbm

Bill Betz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 10:36:00 2002

Hello all:

Still using MV3.14-4 on Solaris - trying to move to Linux, and then
eventually upgrade to IC. I am having problem exporting userdb.gdbm.

When I run [tag export userdb userdb2.asc TAB][/tag] it exports only 192
records, and chokes. I'm sure I have well over 1000 records in userdb.

Looking at the exported ascii file, I notice that the field "p_nickname"
seems corrupted. It appears to have the credit card expiration date in the
format M/YY with a return on the end, like this "8/01^M".

Looking at UserDB.pm, "The field C<p_nickname> acts as a key to select the
preference set." It seems to have nothing to do with expiration dates.

Does anyone have a perl script or program that will help diagnose this
problem (I'm not good with perl), or any ideas on where to look or how to
correct this problem?

Thanks!
--
Bill Betz