[ic] catalog installation problem

Craig Bedard interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 22:17:00 2002

Hi,

I am very new to Interchange and Linux in general so please bear with what
might be a trivial question!

I have tried to install the latest version of Interchange on Red Hat 7.2
without any luck.  I have tried installing it using a MySQL database as well
as with Interchange's DB system but I don't think that is the problem.

The install goes along great using bin/makecat up to the time for a restart
using the command:
'su -c "/usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch'
which gives me the following error message:
'Configuration catalog foundation... required perl module SQL:Statement not
present.  Aborting catalog.  In line 8 of the configuration file
"catalog.cfg" require module SQL:Statement'

ok, no problem.  I think I have installed that already (in the linux initial
install) but I go get it again and run:
rpm -Uvh perl-SQL-Statement-0.1016-7bc:i386.rpm and it returns the
statement:
'package perl-SQL-Statement- ~~ already installed.

I try to run the Interchange install again... same error message.  Can
anyone shed some light on what is going on here?

thanks,
Craig.