[ic] Basic layout question.

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 08:18:00 2002

Hello IC list,

I'm at or near the beginning following install via RPM on RHL 7.0.

1) I have the following intent:
To allow multiple catalogs on the system but to allow only one catalog per
user, (no matter how many domain names they manage).  So, if you user jsmith
owns three domains and wants three catalogs, then jsmith would need to have
user names of jsmith, jsmith1, and jsmith2, or similar.  Is this necessary?
Is there a better way to manage this?

To accomplish the one user, one catalog logic, I expect I would set up a
"catalogs" directory under each user, thusly
e.g.  /home/user/catalogs (or /home/jsmith/catalogs, /home/jsmith1/catalogs,
/home/jsmith2/catalogs).  Is there an easier way for the near term, and the
long term?

Andrew Lietzow