[ic] Basic layout question.

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 08:58:01 2002

At 07:15 AM 3/21/02 -0600, Andrew Lietzow wrote:
>Hello IC list,
>
>I'm at or near the beginning following install via RPM on RHL 7.0.
>
>1) I have the following intent:
>To allow multiple catalogs on the system but to allow only one catalog per
>user, (no matter how many domain names they manage).  So, if you user jsmith
>owns three domains and wants three catalogs, then jsmith would need to have
>user names of jsmith, jsmith1, and jsmith2, or similar.  Is this necessary?
>Is there a better way to manage this?
>
>To accomplish the one user, one catalog logic, I expect I would set up a
>"catalogs" directory under each user, thusly
>e.g.  /home/user/catalogs (or /home/jsmith/catalogs, /home/jsmith1/catalogs,
>/home/jsmith2/catalogs).  Is there an easier way for the near term, and the
>long term?
>
>Andrew Lietzow

I don't see why you would need or want to do such.  You, as the IC
administrator, control directly how many (if any) catalogs a user can
run.  If you only want a user to have one catalog, you only define one
catalog for them.  If you only want one catalog per domain, you can
configure that, as well.  If you have a user who has three domains and
wants a catalog on each, you can configure IC with one user, and one
catalog for each domain.  (/home/jsmith/catalogs/cat1,cat2,cat3)