[ic] How to actually "Place Order"?

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 09:30:01 2002

> I desperately need help making an order go through.  I am
> working with the
> foundation demo.  Here is the snippet for the "Place Order"
> button from my
> checkout page:
>
> 	    [button
> 			name="mv_click"
> 			src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__recalculate_button.gif"
> 			text="Recalculate"
> 			hidetext=1
> 			form=checkout
> 		]
> 			mv_todo=refresh
> 		[/button]
>
> Right now, if I click Place Order, it shows up as a pending
> order in the
> Admin tool.  But, how do I use mv_order_route to send the
> email receipt to
> the customer, as well as show them a receipt.  Right now it
> just goes back
> to checkout.  I don't understand that at all.
>
> PLUS --- how to do I get extra information that was entered
> on the checkout
> page (such as special shipping instructions) to appear on
> the invoice in the
> Admin tool?

Either you copied the wrong button or your missing the right one.
Your button should look like this (or similar).

      [button
      name="mv_click"
      text="Place Order"
      hidetext=1
      form=checkout
      ]
      mv_todo=submit
      [/button]

I imagine you copied the wrong button because you say you can see the
order as "pending" in the admin screen.   Click on the word pending in
the admin screen and a screen will come up that lets you "ship checked
order lines and send email to customer if appropriate" button.  click
on that and the customer will receive an email message saying their
order has shipped.   You can modify a route to send you an email also
or you can just click on the order number in the pending order screen
and get the order information.

Read the interchange doc on "Tracking and backorder enter" in the
icdatabase section.

Marty