[ic] Accessing scratch variables in perl code

Fri Mar 22 11:36:01 2002

Quoting Tim Nelson (reply2nelson@yahoo.com):
> Not sure of the difference here, but I had some code
> that was working with $Vend::Scratch->{variable} on IC
> 4.6 and when I moved it up to IC 4.8 I have to use
> $::Scratch->{variable}.

$Vend::Scratch->{keyname} has never done anything.

$Vend::Session->{scratch}{keyname} might have worked, and still will.

In a global code section, you would use $::Scratch. $Scratch will
actually work as well, as the tags are by default in package
Vend::Interpolate where that variable is exported.

$Scratch is always correct for catalog UserTag and embedded perl.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon