[ic] Multi-page checkout with real-time credit card processing

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 23 16:39:02 2002

I really, really want to have a multi-page check out with real-time
processing. I would like to collect order information like shipto,
payment method, item info, etc. on various pages and then present the
user with a final order summary (placeorder screen) and a place order
button. From the placeorder screen I would like to give the user the
option of leaving and returning with out having to reenter information
already collected.

Now, I have read and read the mailing list archives and the conclusion I
draw is that it's just best to collect the credit card number as the
last step. I have read that it is a bad idea to save the credit card
number as a value.

Here is my solution:
Use &credit_card=standard keep __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__ in the profile
for the payment_info screen. Modify the payment routine to get the
credit card number out of mv_credit_card_info if there is not a cgi
mv_credit_card_number. I would use the interchange users key for
EncryptKey.

Is this a bad idea? Is there an easier way to do this?

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact