[ic] Ok heres my problem...

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 15:31:01 2002

"Ron Phipps" <rphipps@reliant-solutions.com> writes:

> > From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
> [mailto:interchange-
> > users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of micah abrams
> >
> > Dear list --
> >
> > I am hoping one of you can help me (or at least point me in the right
> > direction).  I have a storefront that I setup using interchange.  I am
> > selling products for a few different companies and would like to give
> each
> > customer a unique login to the admin section which would allow them to
> > manage their own inventories (and only thier inventories).  I am
> rather
> > new
> > to interchange and am looking for the easiest possible way to solve
> this
> > problem.
>
> IC does not provide row level ownership of records, only table level
> ownership.  The main reason is most of the underlying databases do not
> have this functionality.

That is definitely not true. First there is the table_control entry in
the access database, which can be used to control the rows an user can
view/modify, second there is owner_field setting in the permissions
page in the UI.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices