[ic] two identical catalogs - using mod_interchange (sharing session/tmp issues)

sphen boyle interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 17:37:01 2002

I just started using mod_interchange v1.20
(http://www.interchange.RTFM.info/downloads/index.html) today.  What i
wanted to do was basically duplicate my existing catalog so that both
links would still be active (one using the cgi-bin route, and the new one
through mod_interchange).

Heres what i did:
the directory listing of the first catalogs directory is:

catalog.cfg
config -> ../shop/config
dbconf -> ../shop/dbconf
error.log -> ../shop/error.log
etc -> ../shop/etc
images -> /var/www/html/auto/images
logs -> ../shop/logs
orders -> ../shop/orders
pages -> ../shop/pages
products
session -> ../shop/session
special_pages -> ../shop/special_pages
templates -> ../shop/templates
tmp -> ../shop/tmp
upload -> ../shop/upload

and obviously all the real info is under ../shop/

the interchange.cfg file has the lines:
Catalog	auto /home/interch/catalogs/auto /cgi-bin/auto /auto
Catalog	shop /home/interch/catalogs/shop /shop

everything seems to work fine.  all the logs are kept in one file, all the
sessions, tmp files etc.  Only problem is that i got a call today from a
shopper who said that when they were in the checkout, all the items were
in their cart, yet on the receipt page, one item mysteriously disappeared.

the only ting i can think of is that there is a cookie/session issue
happening.  I attempted changing the interchange.cfg to have:
Mall	No

but then the *auto* catalog worked fine, but in *shop* it would not keep
my session.  i also attempted to use a SubCatalog directive? but that
didnt work either:
Catalog	shop /home/interch/catalogs/shop /shop
SubCatalog	auto shop /home/interch/catalogs/shop /cgi-bin/auto /auto

it seemed to be looking for some auto.cfg file??

Configuring catalog auto...auto config error: Could not open configuration
file 'auto.cfg' for catalog 'auto': No such file or directory
auto: error in configuration. Skipping.
auto: config error. Skipping.
Configuring catalog shop...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:test_auto...done.

Well... i tried to give as much info as i could on this issue.  if *anyone*
  has a clue as to what is happening or how to have two catalogs run off
the same sessions that would be great.  i am obviously trying to transfer
all traffic to the mod_interchange url since it is MUCH faster, and more
elegant, but i need to keep the cgi-bin/auto link active due to old links
that exist.

Thanks!

-sphen