[ic] Help !! TAX RATE, VAT and TRANSLATION to SPANISH

Mon Mar 25 19:34:01 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Kevin Walsh wrote:

KW>>You can rely on "trust" for VAT-less exports.  If the goods have
KW>>been exported then your friendly VAT man has no claim on you for
KW>>the tax, so he won't bother you about it at all.  You do need to
KW>>be able to prove that the goods have left the country so keep the
KW>>shipping receipts, as you would do anyway.
KW>>
KW>>It is up to the recipient to pay the tax.  If they commit fraud
KW>>by providing a false VAT number then it's their neck on the block,
KW>>not yours.  After all, they are the ones who owe the tax and are
KW>>evading it.  The only reason you need to keep a note of the supplied
KW>>VAT number is for the invoice cross-checks and verifications that
KW>>the various tax offices do periodically.
KW>>
KW>>I have always treated "services exports" the same as "goods",
KW>>charging VAT on all services unless a registration number is provided,
KW>>or the customer is outside the EU (or within the UK).

You know, Shakespeare was wrong when he said, "First, kill all the lawyers."
He should have said, "First, kill all the tax men." I spend more time
dealing with of of these damned tax forms than I do in running the business.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, March 25, 2002 at 19:40 PM:
HARDWARE: n. The part you kick.

This Linux System has been up 2014 hours