[ic] two identical catalogs - using mod_interchange (sharing session/tmp issues)

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 19:49:25 2002

> everything seems to work fine.  all the logs are kept in one file, all the
> sessions, tmp files etc.  Only problem is that i got a call today from a
> shopper who said that when they were in the checkout, all the items were
> in their cart, yet on the receipt page, one item mysteriously disappeared.
>
> the only ting i can think of is that there is a cookie/session issue
> happening.  I attempted changing the interchange.cfg to have:
> Mall	No
>
> etc...

If only a single item "disappeared" then that, in my view, points
to a user problem, rather than a problem with your configuration.
Perhaps the item wasn't in the cart after all.

If *all* of the items were removed on the checkout, then that would
be another matter, and would point to a cookie/session issue.  That
does not seem to be the problem in this case.

I assume you've checked the transaction in the database and have
found that only the items on the receipt were stored in there.

Call the customer back saying "we're sorry about that" etc. and then
just keep your eye on it to see if it happens again.  I doubt that
it will.  Run some more tests of your own anyway.

As a final thought, were you deleting products from your DB at the
time of the transaction?