[ic] Well, I've finally given up on understaning the structure...

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 23:58:00 2002

... because it makes no sense to me.  I have interchange files scattered all
over tarnation and back and I can't figure out where the system is expecting
to find the requisite files.

There are files in:
/home/interchange
/usr/local/interchange
/usr/lib/interchange
  (these prior two appear to have the same content)
/var/www/mydomain-xxxx.net/
/www/mydomain-xxx.net/

I'm at a loss for what a real RHL 7.0 install should look like following the
(default) configure and (foundation) makecat routines.

I'm running RHL 7.0, mySQL 3.23.49, Perl 5.6.1, and on a Domain Name Server.

Maybe what I need are some examples (of correct answers) for the MakeCat
questions during the initial install.  e.g. CgiDir? , CgiBase?, Document
Root?.  The server I'm installing to has none of these but the VirtualHosts
have all of these. Which DocumentRoot?  Which CgiDir?  For the domain
name/server to which I'm installing the foundation demo, it has NO HTML
pages being served up.  The VirtualHosts do, but I didn't want to install to
one of those.

I've attempted to install about 15-20 times and I think I'm almost there.
However, I am still having trouble getting the foundation store home page to
have the correct URL's for the Customer Entrance and Admin Inferface.  I
finally found an index.html for the admin pages under
/usr/local/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/index.html--what was it doing
under there?  Shouldn't it have been copied to my
/www/domain-xxx.net/htdocs/cgi-bin/ic_demo/admin directory during the
makecat routine?  I did this, but then I get an error "Admin Interface will
not work properly", and a grumble about needing $minor and $imp, and it
recommends installing Bundle::Interchange--but I already did that!

How do I make sense of the questions being asked in MakeCat (Pg 30-32 in the
install docs) as they pertain to MY unique server configuration?

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.
andrewl@theaclgroup.com