[ic] Makecat fails makedirs

Bruce interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 11:09:00 2002

Hi, I have been asking for help a couple of times, without response.  All I want are some hints of where to look or what to try.
  So far I have IC 4.8.3 installed on a host virtual system.  It builds and makes the directories and files.  HOWEVER, when it gets to the line:
 run " sh /homeX/me/catalogs/foundation/config/makdirs"? y   I hit return for yes.  The response is:
 /homeX/me/catalogs/foundation/config/makdirs: whoami: not found
  All I am trying to do is get IC 4.8.3 Foundation to run on my website, before attempting to make it into my storefront.  I can get it to build
and work on my home redhat system, but not on my website solaris-sun system.
  Second thing, Has anyone put together a HOWTO on building IC 4.8.X on a virtual system...one where there is a home and a public html?
All of the docs I have read are inconsistant, and, I have spent many weeks trying various combinations of addresses trying to get it to work.
Part of which is probably the cause of the above problem
 Thanks Bruce

Bruce