[ic] (no subject)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 12:28:01 2002

> Yes, I have download, dl_type, dl_location field in the table products.
> I have checked at demo catalog, the download, dl_type,
> dl_location field are
> empty (only at admin site, but at mysql and products.txt there have data)
> but the downloadable function is work.
>
> Should I insert the data manually at mysql or products.txt?

I am not familiar with mysql. But filling in products.txt manually, to make
sure the data is there and test it.

I used to use the dl feature in IC. All I had to do was fill in those three
feilds in products.txt and it worked. There is also a db called
downloadables, but assuming your working off foundation, you don't *need it
for getting it to work. As for mysql, someone else on the list can chime in,
but I think it should be the same.

What are you going to be selling? are they big downloads? I spent alot of
time shining up my catalog with the internal IC dl function. Then the list
told me it is not a good idea to use IC  for numerous LARGE downloads, so if
your selling music, or video or something, and you expect to have alot of
traffic, there is snother route, but you must have access to source. The man
the myth Mike Heins wipped the code out in a New York minute :)

Paul