[ic] Makecat fails makedirs

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 12:52:00 2002

Hi Bruce,
RE:>>[snip] The response is:  /homeX/me/catalogs/foundation/config/makdirs:
whoami: not found
----------
Can you run <whoami> (the short version of <who am i>) from the O/S command
line?  I haven't looked at the Makefile.PL script, but this looks to me like
the system wants to know if whomever (you are telling the script will be the
owner of the files) has the authority to create the directories intended.
Or possibly you haven't created the "interch" user yet.  It's probably the
former.
---------
RE:>>Has anyone put together a HOWTO on building IC 4.8.X on a virtual
system...one where there is a home and a public html?
 All of the docs I have read are inconsistant, and, I have spent many weeks
trying various combinations of addresses trying to get it to work. Part of
which is probably the cause of the above problem.
Chris in MN pointed me to this URL.
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut04.06
Also, search the archives for
<Well, I've finally given up on >
and hopefully that thread will be of some help... I'm the one that is "very
green on this"... :-)

Good luck!

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.