[ic] global usertag on hosted server

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 14:20:00 2002

I am writing a usertag to be placed on my hosted server and I have put
it in my home directory and included it in my catalog.cfg. It uses
things like IO::Socket::Inet and even the lowly push and all those
things cause it to break and just return the line used to call it. I
suspect that it is going through safe and that's why it won't compile.

Now I might have to break down and have it defined in interchange.cfg as
a globalsub. So, would I be able to define it in interchange.cfg but
locate it in my home directory so I could do the edit/test/repeat cycle
without having to bother my host admin every time? Or could I set up a
symlink or other redirect to give me access to only that file located in
the non-public area?

Or what about just putting my function inline in the page where I want
it (ord/checkout) inside some perl tags?

My usertag works great here on my home machine but I need it to work on
the server.