[ic] Paranoid Logging?

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 30 12:41:01 2002

> Is there a way to enable logging of some kind of the cgi socket
> communications to the IC daemon?
>
> We are experiencing "brownouts" where the same amount of people are
> coming into our cart(we have a high traffic rate, so the conversion
> percentages are fairly stable throughout the day), but for twenty
> minutes at a time, the number of submits drops from 6-8 per minute
> (average) to zero.  This makes no sense to me, and at lower volumes I
> would expect such oddities, but I think this is pointing to a problem
> either in our main graphics server or the server hosting Interchange.

You should have a directory called "src" under your Interchange
installation directory.  In that directory, there are a couple of
Perl scripts called tlink.pl (INET) and vlink.pl (UNIX).  You may
add a logging/debug facility to one of these scripts and use it
to replace your current cgi-bin executable while investigating the
problems you have.

I've don't recognise the problem you are seeing, so if you track it
down, please send a report to this mail list.

You could check your site's "logs/usertrack" file for strange
activity, and could check your ordinary web logs.

Good luck.