[ic] read-cookie and set-cookie on same page

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Mar 31 07:48:01 2002

> > I just tried this on my test macbine:
> >
> >     [set-cookie name="test"
> >             value="[calc][read-cookie test]+1[/calc]"
> >             expire="Fri, 31-May-2002 23:59:59 GMT"]
> >     [read-cookie test]
> >
> > The page showed the previous value of the cookie each time I
> > reloaded the page, as expected.
> >
> > My browser was configured to throw away new cookies on exit,
> > so it didn't work across sessions until I enabled the facility.
> > I've disabled it again now.
> >
> Kevin, I got this to work, but if I specify the path or domain, then the
> page-loading process hangs when reloading...

Get your browser to show you the cookies it receives before
accepting them.  Once it does that, you will be able to verify
that the cookie contents, domain and path etc. are correct,
adjusting values as required.

The cookie generated by Interchange, using the method described
above is correct correct.  Either test your additional information
until your specified cookie is also correct or just use what
Interchange generates by default.